COVID 19 – Step by Step as of 24/4/2020
After keeping updated daily with the latest reports from WHO (World Health Organisation) and AustGovtHealth ‘The Shire Seamstress’ will be resuming business as of Monday, 27th April, 2020 from my studio @M-Arts Precinct, Murwillumbah. M-Arts is currently closed to the general public until further notice when restrictions are lifted.
As your health & wellbeing is of utmost importance to me, I have set up a step-by-step guide to how we will make this work for both of us.
Please see COVID-19 Fabrics/Plastic/Paper/Surfaces that explains how we can safely work ‘within the parameters recommended’. I can assure you that my workspace will follow the recommendations for surfaces and hand washing diligently.
1. Consultation will be done by either FaceTime, WhatsApp or Zoom. If you do not feel comfortable using any of these options we can have a phone call to discuss what you would like me to make for you/or copy for you. A deposit of $50 will be required
2. Until social distancing is no longer part of our lives, I will need you to provide me with your personal measurements as well as the paper pattern of your choice. If you don’t have access to a tape measure I can post one to you with a measurement chart and instructions on how to take your own measurements.
3. Below is a list of fabric stores where you can confidently buy online
4. If you live locally in Murwillumbah & surrounds you will be able to drop off your fabric to me @ The Precinct. I will meet you outside the gates at either Proudfoots Lane or Wollumbin St.
5. If you live out of town or choose to use a courier service/or Aust Post we can discuss this during our consultation. I highly recommend using Sendle, as it is door-to-door & very efficient.
https://www.betterpackaging.com/ – I’m a real dirt bag is the best environmental choice otherwise pre-paid Aust Post satchels will suffice
6. I highly recommend that I return the garment to you for a final fitting to assure that you are completely happy with the fit of your garment and hem/sleeve lengths are correct. Hopefully you will have someone in your home that can make the necessary adjustments if needed.
7. If you wish to make changes to our original agreement, please let me know as soon as possible so we can attain if it is possible and at what time frame it can be completed. These changes could also incur an extra charge if it is a more complex job
8. Once your garment/s are completed and ready to be sent off, you will be invoiced by either email or SMS. If I am returning your items using either Sendle or Aust Post this cost will be included on your invoice. Your garment/s will be sent off as soon as payment is received.